DescriptionApollo Program: Collection of Original NASA Publications. A fine group of historical material relating to the Apollo missions and hardware, all from an early NASA employee. Highlights as follows:
(1) Apollo 11 Mission Report. NASA SP-238. (Washington: NASA Scientific and Technical Information Office, 1971), 217 pages, illustrated.
(2) Apollo 16 Preliminary Science Report. NASA SP-315. (Washington: NASA Scientific and Technical Information Office, 1972), 500+ pages, illustrated.
(3) Apollo 17 Preliminary Science Report. NASA SP-330. (Washington: NASA Scientific and Technical Information Office, 1973), 500+ pages, illustrated.
(4) The Apollo Spacecraft, A Chronology, Volume I. NASA SP-4009. (Washington: NASA Office or Technology Utilization, 1969). 269 pages, illustrated.
(5) The Apollo Spacecraft, A Chronology, Volume II. NASA SP-4009. (Washington: NASA Scientific and Technical Information Office, 1973), 277 pages, illustrated.
(6) The Apollo Spacecraft, A Chronology, Volume III. NASA SP-4009. (Washington: NASA Scientific and Technical Information Office, 1976), 286 pages, illustrated.
(7) NASA color photo AS-16-113-18294 (red letter ID), an Apollo 16 photo of the Command Module Casper taken from the LM with the lunar surface in the background.
(8) "The Manned Lunar Mission" by Robert R. Gilruth and Maxime A. Faget for presentation at the American Rocket Society Lunar Missions Meeting, July 17-19, 1962, nine pages, stapled.
(9) The Partnership, A History of the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project. NASA SP-4209. (Washington: NASA Scientific and Technical Information Office, 1978), 560 pages, illustrated.
Also included are: a large-format color photo essay titled "Apollo," a large-format World Book publication titled "The Astronauts & Their Families," two additional printed speech typescripts, a group of six color NASA Skylab-related lithographs, and three Achievement Awards presented to a NASA employee. Condition is good overall with insect damage and staining, mostly to the covers and edges. Contents generally very good.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Books & Catalogs (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
Opens about 01/02/2018
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
The department director has the heart of a true and highly knowledgeable collector with the business acumen of someone who has been not only successful but has decades of an impeccable track recordView More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)