DescriptionJohn F. Kennedy: Inauguration Collection, 1961, consisting of nineteen pieces. (1-3) The 1961 Inaugural Committee commissioned Paul Manship to design the Official Inaugural Medal for John F. Kennedy. Mr. Manship had previously created such a medal for Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1933. Two 9.5" diameter plaster plaques painted gold showing the obverse and reverse of the medal. Accompanied by one of the original bronze medals upon which the plaques are based. A bit of chipping and scuffing to plaques. Otherwise, fine condition.
(4) Limited edition reproduction of John F. Kennedy's Inaugural Address with official Presidential portrait by Fabian Bachrach and facsimile inscription and signature, reading in full: "To my fellow sustaining member of the Democratic Party / John Kennedy".
(5) Official copy of JFK's Inaugural Address (US Senate Document No. 9) with the John F. Kennedy memorial stamp affixed and cancelled on the First Day of Issue May 29, 1964.
(6-11) Five Inaugural buttons and an unused matchbook.
(12-14) Photograph of John and Jacqueline Kennedy leaving their home in Georgetown on their way to the inauguration; an engraving of President Kennedy with facsimile signature; and an Inaugural Cover cancelled at 12:00 noon on Inauguration Day January 20, 1961.
(15-19) Three magazines covering Inaugural events, "The New Frontier" sheet music, and a program from the first Inaugural Anniversary Dinner January 20, 1962.
From the collection of Dr. Dean Rudoy. For more information, please click here.
Shipping, Taxes, Terms and Bidding
Calculate Standard Domestic Shipping
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
25% on the first $100,000 (minimum $14), plus 20% of any amount between $100,000 and $1,000,000, plus 12% of any amount over $1,000,000 per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
Thanks a million for getting approval to sell my Civil War Hospital Death Ledger! You made them AND ME , a nice profit. You are the best!View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)