DescriptionEarly Photography: San Francisco & California Views Album by Taber. 11.25" x 7.25" burgundy leather album published by San Francisco photographer Isaiah West Taber (1830-1912) circa 1885. The album contains forty-nine mounted albumen photographs on stiff, gilt edge boards. The albumen photos measure 7.75" x 5" and are formatted both horizontally and vertically. An advertisement which accompanies the lot describes this as "Views of Pacific Coast Scenery". There are seventeen  views of San Francisco, fifteen  of Yosemite, plus assorted views of Felton, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, Riverside, Pomona and Mexico City. Light wear to corners of mounts, light wear to leather cover, slight waviness to mounts and some looseness in binding. Very good condition overall. An itemized list of the views is contained in the extended listing online.
1. The Golden Gate from Telegraph Hill, San Francisco.
2. Birdseye View of San Francisco towards Palace Hotel and Nob Hill.
3. Birdseye View of San Francisco, towards Nob Hill and Telegraph Hill.
4. San Francisco Bay.
5. Cable Street-Cars, San Francisco, Cal.
6. Hopkins and Stanford Residences.
7. The Colton and Crocker Mansions, S.F., Cal.
8. California Street from Sansome Street, San Francisco.
9. Palace Hotel Court.
10. Upper Corridor, Palace Hotel, S.F., Cal.
11. J. C. Flood's Residence, Menlo Park, Cal.
12. Conservatory, Golden Gate Park.
13. The Seal Rock Beach, S.F.
14. The Seal Rocks near Cliff House, San Francisco.
15. The Seal Rocks near Cliff House, San Francisco (different view).
16. Instantaneous View, Beach at Cliff House.
17. Chinese butcher and Grocery Shop, S.F.
18. Beach at Santa Cruz, July 4, 1885.
19. Big Trees, Felton, Santa Cruz Co.
20. Big Trees, Felton, Santa Cruz Co. (different view)
21. Big Trees, Felton, Santa Cruz Co. (different view)
22. Big Trees, Felton, Santa Cruz Co. (different view)
23. Best general view of the Yosemite Valley, from Mariposa Trail.
24. View of Yosemite Valley from Artist's Point.
25. Untitled view of waterfall in Yosemite Valley.
26. View Looking Up Yosemite Valley.
27. North Dome and Half Dome.
28. Royal Arches, and the Domes.
29. Half Dome and North Dome.
30. Down the Valley, from Union Point.
31. View from Glacier Point.
32. North Dome from Merced River.
33. Cathedral Spires, 2,660 feet.
34. Washington Column and Half Dome and Reflection.
35. Sentinel Rock, 3,069 ft. (looking up the Valley).
36. Bridal Veil Falls, 900 feet.
37. "Telescope", 90 feet high.
38. Big Grape-vine near Santa Barbara.
39. Olive Orchard, Elwood Cooper's, Santa Barbara.
40. Sierra Madre Villa.
41. Riverside, Cal.
42. Magnolia Avenue, Riverside, Cal.
43. Magnolia Avenue, Riverside, Cal. (different view)
44. Hotel Polomares, Pomona, Cal.
45. Untitled view of Mexico City cathedral (exterior).
46. Church of Guadaloupe, interior.
47. Street Scene - City of Mexico.
48. Mexico, lavanderas.
49. Montzuma's Tree at Chapultepec.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Books - Medium (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
25% on the first $250,000 (minimum $19), plus 20% of any amount between $250,000 and $2,500,000, plus 12% of any amount over $2,500,000 per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
Heritage Auctions and Mr. Chad Reingold were...professional and courteous in all transactions and provided outstanding service in answering my many emails. I recommend them at the highest level.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)