DescriptionSpacesuits: Eight Books Chronicling the History of Spacesuits. Includes the following:
(1) Suiting Up for Space. The Evolution of the Space Suit by Lloyd Mallan. Published by The John Day Company, 1971. First edition. 262 pages. Profusely illustrated. Original publisher's binding and dust jacket. Jacket worn along the edges; old adhesive tape on the front and rear pastedowns; small stains on the edges of a few pages, else very good condition.
(2) Spacesuits. The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum Collection. Power House Books, 2009. First edition. 151 pages. Profusely illustrated. Publisher's original pictorial boards. Fine condition.
(3) Evaluation and Comparison of Three Space Suit Assemblies (NASA TN D-3482) by R. L. Jones. Published by NASA, July, 1966. 135 pages. Illustrated. Publisher's original printed wrappers. Former owner's name in ink on the front cover; sun fading to spine, else very good condition.
(4) Astronaut Suiting Operations. Published by NASA, last revision date August 6, 1971. 74 single-sided photocopied pages, unbound. Very good condition.
(5) Apollo XVI Post-Flight Examination of Spacesuits ILC-M-ER-00-341. Published by NASA, August 15, 1972. Mounted in a 9" x 11.5" binder. A few illustrations. Very good condition.
(6) Extravehicular Activities Guidelines and Design Criteria by Nelson E. Brown, et al. Published by NASA, January, 1973. Illustrated. Publisher's original printed wrappers. Very good condition.
(7) U.S. Space Gear. Outfitting the Astronaut by Lillian D. Kozloski. Published by Smithsonian Institution Press, 1994. 238 pages. Illustrated. Publisher's original printed wrappers. Very good condition.
(8) Model A7LB Apollo, Skylab & ASTP Space Suits Illustrated Parts Breakdown. Published by ILC Industries and NASA, July 31, 1973. Illustrated. Large spiral-bound volume. Jagged closed tear on the rear cover, else very good condition.
From the Steven R. Belasco Collection of Space Memorabilia.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Books & Catalogs (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
Opens about 01/02/2018
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
You reach a customer base that is in many ways completely unknown to the major auction houses, and your marketing to this base is as professional as one could hope for. As I continue to wind down my holdings.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)