DescriptionSpace Shuttle Enterprise (ALT) Flown American Flag on Presentation Certificate with Signed Color Photo. Two items, as follows.
(1) A 5.75" x 4" cloth U.S. Flag mounted on a 10" x 14" printed certificate bearing the signature of a NASA official dated "May 1978" and printed signatures of the program pilots: Fred Haise, Gordon Fullerton, Joe Engle, and Richard Truly. Between June and October, 1977, these four astronauts alternated in crews of two, performing the first manned captive-active and free flight tests in the unpowered Enterprise orbiter. These tests took place at the Dryden Flight Research Center at Edwards Air Force Base and were a very important phase in the development of the final design of the Space Shuttle orbiter. This "Special Award - Approach and Landing Test Program" was presented to Roderick H. Phillips: "...in recognition of your outstanding contributions to the achievements of the Approach and Landing Test Program..." Four small color 35mm contact prints are mounted to each side of the flag at top; we have not encountered another of these with those added photos. ALT flown memorabilia is not common. Toning and edge roughness, overall fine condition.
(2) A 10" x 8" color NASA litho print, "First Crew for the Space Shuttle Approach and Landing Tests (ALT)" signed: "To Hank--/ Best wishes,/ Fred Haise" and "Gordon Fullerton". Excellent.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Flat Material, Small (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
25% on the first $100,000 (minimum $14), plus 20% of any amount between $100,000 and $1,000,000, plus 12% of any amount over $1,000,000 per lot.
Opens about 01/02/2018
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
The pre and post sales experience was wonderful and flawless. Heritage has the best in-house operation I have ever seen and their people are not only professional but fun to work with, especially Steve C.View More Testimonials
As for Heritage's online system… Yes the interface is more complex than what we are used to with SAN but what is behind that interface is amazing for sellers and buyers alike. It is real time and for a real serious auction buyer there is nothing better in the auction industry, bar none.
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)