DescriptionSpace Shuttle and Mir-Flown Banner, Flags, and Patch, 1992-1998. Four great items that flew on or flew to the now-defunct Soviet-Russian space station, the first of its type in low earth orbit, as follows:
(1) An attractive 6.5" x 9.25" cloth banner titled "ΜИΡ-92 MIR '92" with five separate stamped cancellations showing that it flew on TM-14 and Mir, March 17, 1992 - August 10, 1992. Signed by Cosmonauts Alexander Viktorenko, Alexander Kaleri, and Klaus-Dietrich Flade. This was the first Soyuz mission after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Russian language COA included (with translation).
(2) A 7.375" x 4.625" cloth American flag with two Mir stamped cancellations. Apparently flew on STS-86 to Mir and STS-89 back to earth. Signed by Dave Wolf, Terry Wilcutt, Michael Anderson (d. 2003), and four others.
(3) A 6" x 4.25" cloth Shuttle-Mir program flag mounted on an 11" x 14" illustrated certificate stating: "This flag commemorating the Phase 1 Program was flown to the Mir Space Station aboard the Space Shuttle Discovery on mission STS-91, launched June 2, landed June 12, 1998."
(4) A 3.75" diameter embroidered mission insignia patch along with an 8.5" x 5.5" certificate stating: "The accompanying Shuttle-Mir Program Patch was flown to the Mir Space Station aboard the Space Shuttle Discovery (STS-91 Mission), June 2-12, 1998."
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Flat Material, Small (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
25% on the first $100,000 (minimum $14), plus 20% of any amount between $100,000 and $1,000,000, plus 12% of any amount over $1,000,000 per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
The department director has the heart of a true and highly knowledgeable collector with the business acumen of someone who has been not only successful but has decades of an impeccable track recordView More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)