DescriptionSaunders B. Kramer Original Spacecraft Designs Artwork (Two). Two large color works from the estate of this little-known but very important early aerospace scientist, engineer, and genius. He worked for Lockheed from 1955 to 1971 where he directed the first detailed study of a manned space station and an early space shuttle. He applied for a patent on a space station design in 1960 and it was issued in 1963, one of the first ever (Patent #194,444) (printed copy included).
(1) A 20" x 14.5" image on a 24.5" x 18.5" board, notations show the design was by S. B. Kramer, illustration by G. E. Cook, and the rendering by H. F. Vanek. It pictures a cross section of two modules of his early space station design showing various inhabitants working in medical, storage, scientific, and control areas. Circa early 1960s. Very fine.
(2) A 22.5" x 18" original painted image on a 30" x 24" board with a Lockheed label. The artist was Harold W. Munson who had a long career in illustration art. It portrays a Delta wing orbital spacecraft orbiting the earth, possibly an early reusable space vehicle design. One long surface scratch, otherwise fine.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Flat Material, Large (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
25% on the first $200,000 (minimum $19), plus 20% of any amount between $200,000 and $2,000,000, plus 12% of any amount over $2,000,000 per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
The pre and post sales experience was wonderful and flawless. Heritage has the best in-house operation I have ever seen and their people are not only professional but fun to work with, especially Steve C.View More Testimonials
As for Heritage's online system… Yes the interface is more complex than what we are used to with SAN but what is behind that interface is amazing for sellers and buyers alike. It is real time and for a real serious auction buyer there is nothing better in the auction industry, bar none.
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)