DescriptionProject Mercury: Two Works on Alan B. Shepard's Freedom 7 Flight, May 5, 1961. Including:
(1) Facsimile copy of Request for Homologation 2 World Records National Aeronautic Association United States Representative Federation Aeronautique International Non-Air Breathing Manned Rocket (a) Altitude Without Earth Orbit (b) Greatest Mass Lifted Without Earth Orbit signed and dated by Alan Shepard on the front cover. Includes facsimile copies of all the certificates substantiating Freedom 7's claim for two world records. Included are copies of Certificates for Launch, Return, Mass Lifted, Vehicle Mass and Apogee. Also included is a copy of Shepard's vehicle commander's report and several other related documents. Very good condition.
(2) Freedom 7 The First U.S. Manned Space Flight. The NASA Mission Reports. Apogee Books, 2001. 208 pages. Illustrated. Publisher's original pictorial wrappers. Fine.
From the Steven R. Belasco Collection of Space Memorabilia.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Books & Catalogs (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
Opens about 01/02/2018
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
Heritage Auctions and Mr. Chad Reingold were...professional and courteous in all transactions and provided outstanding service in answering my many emails. I recommend them at the highest level.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)