DescriptionProject Mercury: Fifteen NASA Publications. A varied selection of publication and papers as follows:
(1) Results of the First United States Manned Orbital Space Flight February 20, 1962. NASA, 1962. 204 pages. Charts, graphs, line drawings and other illustrations. Printed wrappers. Very good condition.
(2) NASA SP-6 Results of the Second United States Manned Orbital Space Flight May 24, 1962. NASA, 1962. 107 pages. Charts, graphs and line drawings. Printed wrappers. Some soiling to covers, else very good condition.
(3) NASA SP-4001 Project Mercury A Chronology. NASA, 1963. 238 pages. Illustrated. Printed wrappers. Very good.
(4) Results of the Second U.S. Manned Suborbital Space Flight July 21, 1961. NASA, 1961. 58 pages. Charts, graphs, and illustrations. Printed wrappers. Wear to the wrappers, else very good.
(5) NASA Space Task Group, July 21, 1961. NASA, . Unpaginated. Illustrated. Printed pictorial wrappers. Includes three NASA official 8" x 10" black and white press photos of Liberty Bell 7. Very good.
(6) The Triumph of Astronaut L. Gordon Cooper, Jr. and the Faith 7, May 15-16, 1963. NASA, 1963. 48 pages. Illustrated. Printed wrappers. Former owner's name in ink on the back cover, else very good.
(7) Group of four NASA news releases related to the Project Mercury: "Pressure Suits for Project Mercury Astronauts", "Low-Residue Diet", "Optical Tracking of Mercury-Atlas Launches", and "Environment Control System". All 8" x 10.5". Very good.
(8) NASA news release dated January 21, 1962, Mercury-Atlas 6 at a Glance. Three 8" x 10.5" pages printed on both sides. Very good.
(9) NASA news release dated May 10, 1963, Mercury-Atlas Press Kit. Produced by NASA, 1963. 68 pages. Staple bound. Very good.
(10) NASA fact sheet, Mercury-Atlas 9 Press Kit, May 10, 1963. Produced by NASA, . 29 pages. Staple bound. Very good.
(11) The Six Orbits of Sigma 7 Walter M. Schirra's Space Flight October 3, 1962. Produced by NASA, 1963. Unpaginated. Illustrated. Printed wrappers, oblong format. Very good.
(12) Exploring Space...Project Mercury. Produced by NASA, 1961. 13 pages. Illustrated. Printed wrappers. Very good.
(13) "If" A Study of Contingency Planning for the Project Mercury Mission, produced by NASA, dated April 10, 1961. Six pages. 8" x 10.5". Staple bound. Very good.
(14) NASA SP-4201 This New Ocean. A History of Project Mercury. NASA, 1998. 681 pages. Illustrated. Publisher's wrappers. Very good condition.
(15) Sigma 7. The Six Orbits of Walter M. Schirra. The NASA Mission Reports. Apogee Books, 2003. 215 pages. Printed wrappers. Very good.
From the Steven R. Belasco Collection of Space Memorabilia.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Books & Catalogs (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
Opens about 01/02/2018
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
We had a wonderful time in New York during the October 2013 Historical Manuscripts auction that featured my mother’s papers collected during her tenure as Martin Luther King, Jr.’s secretary. In fact, the entire experience from beginning to end has been a pleasure.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)