Oversize Ed White II EVA, Liberty Bell 7 sinkingMercury through Apollo Collection of Photos, Many Oversized. This could be called an "end of consignment" lot because, well, it is the last lot we assembled from this fabulous collection. However, in this case, we saved some of the best for last. There are several real treasures here, in five groups.
(1) A pressboard file folder labeled "Personal - Paul M. Sturtevant - Gemini". It contains over fifty photos primarily of Gemini launches. Most are color and 5" x 7", some are matted, and even some transparencies are included. Heavy duplication. Generally very fine or better.
(2) A group of ten 11" x 14" matboards each with a color photo mounted, some with captions: John Glenn portrait, "Earthrise" from Apollo 8, Ed White on EVA, GT-1 launch, Gemini spacecraft with facsimile signatures, Shepard, Grissom, and Glenn in spacesuits (captioned "Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil"), the Project Mercury Monument from 1964, John Young in spacesuit, Grissom and Young in spacesuits, the Liberty Bell 7 launch, and a Little Joe launchpad photo. Soiling to some mats, easily rectified. Excellent.
(3) Fifteen 11" x 14" color glossy photos. Five are of Gemini launches (two different), three are of John Glenn's flight, a stunning Gemini 11 image of earth on its high apogee orbit, and six (three different) gorgeous photos of Ed White during his landmark spacewalk. All excellent.
(4) Twenty-nine 11" x 14" NASA color litho prints, mostly of the Apollo 11 mission. Some duplication. Generally excellent.
(5) Eleven different (twenty-seven total) 10" x 8" B&W glossy photos. There are no notations or numbers on these but we believe them to possible be a sequential series of photos shot from a helicopter of the sinking of Mercury-Redstone 3's Liberty Bell capsule.
A great grouping. Many excellent display items included. From the personal collection of Gemini Program Office special assistant and longtime NASA employee, Paul M. Sturtevant.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Books & Catalogs (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
25% on the first $100,000 (minimum $14), plus 20% of any amount between $100,000 and $1,000,000, plus 12% of any amount over $1,000,000 per lot.
Opens about 01/02/2018
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
This was my first time dealing with an auction house, and I am 100% completely impressed with Heritage. There is not an aspect of this process that I have a critique for.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)