DescriptionGemini Program: Ashtray and Two Marble Paperweights. Three vintage NASA-issued Gemini souvenirs:
(1) A 7.75" x 4.5" x 1.25" cast gray metal ashtray featuring a 4.5" x 2.25" three-dimensional Gemini capsule in the tray area. Interestingly, the year that Gemini flew its final flights (1966) was the year that the United States placed its first health warning on cigarette packages: "Cigarette Smoking May be Hazardous to Your Health". Very fine.
(2-3) Two identical paperweights with 3" x 2" gold-colored metal plates bearing the program logo and the years 1961 to 1966, mounted to 3.5" x 2.5" x 0.875" marble blocks. Both marked on the bottom: "Marble Base/ Made in Italy". One very fine, the other very good.
Three great mementoes that would dress up the desk of any collector. From the personal collection of Gemini Program Office special assistant and longtime NASA employee, Paul M. Sturtevant.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Miscellaneous Collectibles, Small (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
25% on the first $100,000 (minimum $14), plus 20% of any amount between $100,000 and $1,000,000, plus 12% of any amount over $1,000,000 per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
I don’t often do testimonials but in this case I felt truly obligated to thank Heritage Auctions for the extremely professional job your organization did for me.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)