DescriptionApollo Space Food and Personal Hygiene Pouches: "Day 9 - Meal A" and Cleansing Cloth, Both Originally from Buzz Aldrin's Personal Collection, with LOA. A rare "Man Meal" with a cloth.
(1) A 4.5" x 3.75" x 1.75" (overall) sealed foil pouch with a long length of green ribbon attached. The metal label states: "DAY-9 MEAL-A" and there is a small blue square of Velcro on both front and back. This was how individual full meals for each astronaut were packed for the flight. First one of these Heritage has offered.
(2) A 2.625" x 3.125" sealed plastic pouch containing a folded terry-cloth towel; a small square of blue Velcro is found on the back.
Both very fine. These were gifts from Aldrin to his sister Fay Ann.
A Letter of Authenticity signed by Mrs. Potter's son (the executor of her estate) will accompany this lot.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Miscellaneous Collectibles, Small (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
25% on the first $100,000 (minimum $14), plus 20% of any amount between $100,000 and $1,000,000, plus 12% of any amount over $1,000,000 per lot.
Opens about 01/02/2018
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
Heritage has gone above and beyond my expectations in handling all of my transactions in a thoroughly professional manner. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone worldwide for the exemplary auction and valuation services they provide.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)