Includes photo signed by forty astronauts and cosmonautsApollo-Soyuz Test Project Soviet Backup Commander Anatoly Filipchenko's Personal Archive of Material, much of it Signed, Relating to ASTP and the 1987 International Space Future Forum. An amazing group of items from the personal collection of Soviet Cosmonaut Filipchenko who commanded the Soyuz 7 and Soyuz 16 missions as well as training as backup commander for Soyuz 5, Soyuz 9, and Soyuz 19 (Apollo-Soyuz). Many of the pieces in this lot relate to his intimate involvement with the ASTP. Listing, as follows.
(1) ASTP: A 3.75" x 7.25" book hardbound in green titled "ПРОГРАММА ПОЛЕТА КОРАБЛЕЙ СОЮЗ И АПОЛЛОН" (Flight Program of Ships Soyuz and Apollo) which comprises a mission timeline chart in Russian, July 15-21, 1975, as well as an explanatory table of symbols used.
(2) ASTP: Six stapled 8.5" x 11" photocopied pages titled "СТЫКОВКА - КАО АКТИВНЫЙ КОРАБЛЬ" (Active Ship Docking). Docking sequence, all in Russian. Signed in blue ink by Filipchenko.
(3) ASTP: A 22.5" x 17.5" Pressure Regulator flow-chart and schematic in both Russian and English. Signed in blue ink by Filipchenko.
(4) ASTP: Nineteen stapled 11" x 8.5" photocopied pages from Rockwell, dated May 1973, titled "СИСТЕМА УПРАВЛЕНИЯ ОКРУЖАЮЩЕЙ СРЕДОЙ" (Environmental Control Systems). Illustrated, in English and Russian. Several handwritten notations. Signed in blue ink by Filipchenko.
(5) ASTP: Sixteen stapled 8.5" x 11" photocopied pages consisting of updates to the flight manuals. In Russian. Signed in blue ink by Filipchenko.
(6) Apollo 17: Eighteen stapled 8.5" x 11" photocopied pages, the Air-to-Ground Voice Transmission transcript from Apollo 17's LM ascent from the lunar surface and rendezvous with the CSM. Heavily annotated in Russian. Likely Filipchenko studied this in preparation for Apollo-Soyuz. Signed in pencil by him.
(7) Inscribed copy of Filipchenko's book "НАДЕЖНАЯ ОРБИТА, ДОКУМЕНТАЛЬНАЯ ПОВЕСТЬ" (Reliable Orbit, Documentary Report. (Moscow, 1978). Softbound, octavo, 128 pages, illustrated. Sticker on cover.
(8) A 3.75" x 5.75" glossy B&W signed photo of Filipchenko.
(9-13) Five programs and brochures related to the International Space Future Forum held in Moscow, October 2-4, 1987.
(14) Signed 11.375" x 10.125" glossy B&W photo taken of the attendees of the above Forum, signed in various inks mostly at bottom margin. Signatures include Valentina Tereshkova (first woman in space), Bertalan Farkas (first Hungarian cosmonaut), Alexei Leonov (first spacewalk), Svetlana Savitskaya (second woman in space), Vladimir Shatalov (three Soyuz missions), Charles Walker (three STS missions), Marc Garneau (first Canadian in space), Stuart Roosa (Apollo 14), Dick Gordon (Gemini 11, Apollo 12), and Owen Garriott (Skylab II, STS-9). Several crinkles.
Originally sold as Lot 179 in the Sotheby's March 19, 1996, Space auction. An extremely interesting and important group of items. Generally very good to fine.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Books - Medium (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
25% on the first $250,000 (minimum $19), plus 20% of any amount between $250,000 and $2,500,000, plus 12% of any amount over $2,500,000 per lot.
Opens about 01/02/2018
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
The pre and post sales experience was wonderful and flawless. Heritage has the best in-house operation I have ever seen and their people are not only professional but fun to work with, especially Steve C.View More Testimonials
As for Heritage's online system… Yes the interface is more complex than what we are used to with SAN but what is behind that interface is amazing for sellers and buyers alike. It is real time and for a real serious auction buyer there is nothing better in the auction industry, bar none.
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)