Apollo Moonwalkers: Twelve Signed Individual Lunar Surface...Click the image to load the highest resolution version.
Auction Preview: Preview items may not have yet been properly described or vetted, and items are posted as soon as they have a description or a picture. We are continuing to add and correct information as we approach the auction posting date, so check back here often and Contact us with any comments or suggestions.
DescriptionApollo Moonwalkers: Twelve Signed Individual Lunar Surface Astronaut Photos. A beautiful and unique collection of photos. Each moonwalker is represented here with a signed photo of them on the lunar surface. A very noteworthy assemblage of photos. Following is a list of each item in order of stepping on the moon:
(1) A 10" x 8" glossy photo on Fujicolor Crystal Archive paper of the only 70mm still of Neil Armstrong on the moon. Signed in gold felt tip: " To Ron Heiskell/ All The Best/ Neil Armstrong". Accompanied by copies of email correspondence with Armstrong concerning rarity of photo and signature. Smudging to inscription and signature, photo is excellent.
(2) A 10" x 8" glossy photo on Kodak Professional paper of the iconic "Visor" shot with Buzz Aldrin on the lunar surface. Signed boldly in blue felt tip: " Buzz Aldrin". Excellent.
(3) A 10" x 8" silk finish B&W photo, NASA image AS12-49-7278, of Alan Bean holding a Special Environmental Sample Container filled with lunar soil; photographer Charles Conrad is visible in his visor. Signed boldly in blue felt tip: " Alan Bean/ Apollo 12", and " Charles Conrad/ Cdr Apollo XII". Very fine.
(4) A 10" x 8" NASA litho print of Charles Conrad working at the Modular Equipment Stowage Assembly (MESA), signed in black felt tip: " Charles Conrad Jr/ Apollo XII Cdr". Very fine.
(5) A 14" x 11" silk finish photo of Alan Shepard holding the flag on the moon with photographer Edgar Mitchell's shadow in the foreground. Signed boldly in black felt tip: " Alan Shepard". Very fine.
(6) A 10" x 8" silk finish photo of Edgar Mitchell standing next to the American flag on the moon. He has signed in silver felt tip: " Edgar Mitchell/ 6 th man to walk on the moon/ Apollo 14". Excellent.
(7) A 10" x 8" silk finish photo on Kodak Endura paper of Dave Scott driving the Lunar Rover, signed in black felt tip: " Dave Scott/ Apollo 15 CDR". Excellent.
(8) A 14" x 11" NASA litho print of James Irwin inspecting and loading the lunar rover. Signed in black ink: " Jim Irwin". The first time Heritage has offered this photo signed. Very fine.
(9) A 10" x 8" silk finish photo of John Young on the moon with the LRV in the background. He has signed in silver felt tip: " John Young/ Apollo 16 CDR". Excellent.
(10) A 10" x 8" glossy photo of Duke next to the Lunar Rover, signed in black felt tip: " Aim high/ Charlie Duke". Very fine.
(11) A 11" x 8.5" glossy photo, NASA image AS17-140-21388, of Cernan standing between the American flag and the LRV. Signed in black felt tip: " Gene Cernan/ Apollo XVII/ Last Man/ On/ The Moon". Excellent.
(12) A 10" x 8" silk finish photo of Harrison Schmitt walking along the lunar surface. Signed in silver felt tip: "Harrison H. Schmitt". Excellent.
What a fabulous way to obtain a signature of each moonwalker directly on a photo of them exploring the lunar surface.
Signature®: Heritage Live®:After Internet bidding closes, live bidding will take place through www.HA.com/Live. Your secret maximum bid placed prior to the live event will compete against the live bids. To maximize your chances of winning, enter realistic secret maximum bids on our site. Many of our proxy bidders are successful at winning lots in these auctions, and usually below their secret maximum. You can also place last minute bids directly with us by e-mailing Bid@HA.com or calling 1-866-835-3243. (Important note: Due to software and Internet latency, live bids may not register in time, so enter realistic proxy bids.)
Signature® Floor Sessions
Proxy bidding ends ten minutes prior to the session start time. Live Proxy bidding on Heritage Live starts 24 hours before the live session begins and continues through the session. During the live auction event, bidding in person is encouraged, and Heritage Live includes streaming audio and often video during the event.