Three world aeronautic records set by Apollo 11Apollo 11 National Aeronautic Association Certificates of Record (Three) Originally from the Personal Collection of Buzz Aldrin. Each of these three original 12" x 15" heavyweight documents reads as follows: "National Aeronautic Association Representing in the United States of America The Federation Aeronautique Internationale awards this Certificate of Record to...
(1) Neil A. Armstrong & Edwin E. Aldrin, Jr. for Class K-3 Greatest Mass Lifted into Lunar Orbit from the Surface of the Moon Spacecraft Apollo 11 and Lunar Module 'Eagle' 21 July 1969 (Mission 16-24 July 1969) 5,928.6 pounds"
(2) Neil A. Armstrong & Edwin E. Aldrin, Jr. for Class K-3 Duration of Stay on the Lunar Surface Spacecraft Apollo 11 and Lunar Module 'Eagle' 20-21 July 1969 (Mission 16-24 July 1969) 21 Hrs. 36 Mins. 21 Secs."
(3) Edwin E. Aldrin, Jr. for Class K-3 Duration of Stay Inside the Spacecraft on the Surface of the Moon Spacecraft Apollo 11 and Lunar Module 'Eagle' 20-21 July 1969 (Mission 16-24 July 1969) 19 Hrs. 49 Mins. 28 Secs."
Each document bears the gold seal of the NAA, founded in 1922, and is signed by President Frederick B. Lee and a member of the Contest and Record Board. A large folder with Aldrin's name in calligraphy on the front beneath the NAA seal is included. Rarely offered and extremely desirable. Two of the certificates have a tiny nick at the right edge which would easily be hidden in a frame, otherwise excellent.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Flat Material, Small (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
25% on the first $100,000 (minimum $14), plus 20% of any amount between $100,000 and $1,000,000, plus 12% of any amount over $1,000,000 per lot.
Opens about 01/02/2018
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
The resulting auction of my property overwhelmed me. I want to thank Tom Slater and the Heritage team for a very satisfactory experience and profitable result with my historical consignment.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)