DescriptionApollo 11 Flown Pieces (Two) of Kapton Foil, Each on a Certificate. Two items, as follows:
(1) A 0.375" x 0.25" piece of "Gold Foil 'Skin' from Apollo 11 Spacecraft 'Columbia'" attached to a 3.5" x 2.5" card explaining the provenance with a facsimile signature of Dick Williamson.
(2) An odd-shaped, 1" x 0.375" overall, "Reflective Gold Kapton Film From Apollo 11 Command Module Columbia" attached and laminated to a 3.5" x 2.5" sheet explaining the provenance with a facsimile signature of Robert E Miner of North American Rockwell.
Kapton foil was used to protect the spacecraft from the extreme environment of deep space; this delicate foil played a critical role by reflecting the sun's intense heat off the ship, helping to maintain comfortable temperatures within. Both in excellent condition. From the Steven R. Belasco Collection of Space Memorabilia.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Flat Material, Small (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
Opens about 01/02/2018
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
I don’t often do testimonials but in this case I felt truly obligated to thank Heritage Auctions for the extremely professional job your organization did for me.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)