DescriptionCirca 1924 The Gibson L-2 Autographed Original Farm Aid Archtop Acoustic Guitar #76521. Solid spruce top with 2 linear cracks with mahogany back and sides. Mahogany V'd bound neck with rosewood fingerboard. Capo indentations on the back of neck from frets 1-5. Neck and body joint look good. Double inlaid bound rosette. The "Patented July 19, 1910" hinged tailpiece is included but the bridge is missing. Original hard shell case. Condition: Very Good
Guitar was taken to Farm Aid 1 in 1985 by its late owner and was signed on the front by entertainers:
Neil Young, Carlene Carter, June Carter Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Rickie Lee Jones, Carol King, Kenny Rogers, Arlo Guthrie, Emmylou Harris, Bonnie Raitt, Hoyt Axton, John Fogerty, Sissy Spacek, Carl Wilson, BB King, Roger McGuinn, Roger Miller, Charlie Daniels, John Cougar Mellencamp, Eddie Van Halen and Loretta Lynn.
Back of guitar signed by:
Waylon Jennings, Billy Joel, Joni Mitchell, Charles Hail '85, Randy Neuman, Tom Petty, Don Henley, "The Beach Boys", Al Jardine, Bruce Johnson, Johnny Cash and Daryl Hall
Side of guitar signed by:
1) People Weekly Magazine dated October 7, 1985 with Miami Vice's Don Johnson on the cover. Article entitled "Backstage at Farm Aid" with pictures that include the late Dan Martin having the guitar signed by John Fogerty as The Beach Boys look on.
2) A 4"X6" photograph of Dan having an entertainer signing the guitar backstage at Farm Aid.
3) A picture of Dan holding one of his electrics as they celebrated B.B. King's birthday backstage.
Note: We expect this lot to come up for auction at approximately 2:00 pm Pacific Time. Lots are planned for approximately every 15 minutes but could vary and be faster or slower. Check HA.com/live to track the progress of the auction.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Requires 3rd Party Shipping (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
Opens about 01/02/2018
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
This was my first time dealing with an auction house, and I am 100% completely impressed with Heritage. There is not an aspect of this process that I have a critique for.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)