DescriptionLot of Two Japanese Tanto in Shirasaya.
Comprising: 1) Having a 10 1/2" slightly curved blade with straight temper line. Silver habaki with brass over-lay. Contained in plain wood mounts.
Condition: Blade is fine showing bright polish. Plain wood mounts are also excellent
2) Having an 8 1/4" slightly curved blade. Copper habaki. Contained in plain wood mounts. Muromachi period (1500s)
Condition: Poor. Blade shows areas of pitting and heavy sharpening Appears to be re-tempered. Wood mounts are excellent.
Shipping, Taxes, Terms and Bidding
Calculate Standard Domestic Shipping
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
25% on the first $100,000 (minimum $14), plus 20% of any amount between $100,000 and $1,000,000, plus 12% of any amount over $1,000,000 per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
Heritage has gone above and beyond my expectations in handling all of my transactions in a thoroughly professional manner. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone worldwide for the exemplary auction and valuation services they provide.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)