DescriptionLot of Three Tanto in Koshirae.
Comprising: 1) Tanto in Koshirae having a slightly curved thin 8 1/2" blade. Wooden scabbard and grip carved to simulate bamboo, painted with grasshoppers and leaves.
Condition: Blade is excellent. Handle shows paint losses.
2) Tanto in Koshirae having a slightly curved flat 11" blade. Silver over copper habaki with diagonal lines on surface. Pierced iron circular tsuba, pair of brass seppa's. Fuchi copper with mottled background, missing kashira. Contained in black lacquered wooden scabbard.
Condition: Blade is poor, heavily sharpened. Habaki damaged at edge. Grip missing fishskin and cloth wrap. Scabbard shows minor dents and scratches.
3) Tanto in Koshirae having a slightly curved flat blade. Copper habaki. Fishskin covered wooden grip. Contained in a black lacquered wooden scabbard.
Condition: Blade is poor, heavily cleaned and sharpened with areas of light pitting. Grip split in half, no cloth wrap or fittings. Scabbard is poor with losses to the wood and lacquer.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Bats, Clubs, Sticks, Swords, Rifles, etc. (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
25% on the first $100,000 (minimum $14), plus 20% of any amount between $100,000 and $1,000,000, plus 12% of any amount over $1,000,000 per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
This was my first time dealing with an auction house, and I am 100% completely impressed with Heritage. There is not an aspect of this process that I have a critique for.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)