DescriptionMexican War: Group of 10 Printed Speeches. Disbound. Includes the following: (1) The Wilmot Proviso-Martin Van Buren: Speech of Hon. A. Birdsall, of New York, Delivered in the House of Representatives, July 24, 1848, On the power of Congress to legislate in regard to the domestic concerns of the people of the Territories of the United States. 8vo. 8pp. Toned with some foxing and stains. Good.
(2) Speech of Mr. Phelps, of Vermont, on the War and the Public Finances, Delivered in the Senate of the United States, January 27th, 1848. 8vo. Toning and foxing. Near very good.
(3) Speech of Mr. Badger, of North Carolina, on the Ten Regiment Bill. Delivered in the Senate of the United States, Jan. 18, 1848. 8vo. 16pp. Foxing and toning; near very good.
(4) Speech of Mr. R. Johnson, of Maryland, on the Ten Regiment Bill. Delivered n the Senate of the United States, January 10 and 11, 1848. 8vo. 16pp. Very few light annotations; some staining and foxing. Near very good.
(5) Speech of Mr. Allen G. Thurman, of Ohio, in Relation to the Mexican War, and in Reply to Messrs. Giddings, Tilden, and Delano. Delivered in the House of Representatives, U.S., May 14, 1846. Washington: J. & G. S. Gideon, 1846. 8vo. 16pp. Foxing; front and back wrappers are loose. Toned and near very good.
(6) The War with Mexico. Speech of Robert Dale Owen, of Indiana, Delivered in the House of Representatives, January 4, 1847. 8vo. 8pp. Foxing and toning; good.
(7) Speech of Mr. J. H. Crozier, of Tennessee, on the Mexican War, and in Defence of General Taylor. Delivered in the House of Representatives of the U.S., Jan. 21, 1847. Washington: J. & G. S. Gideon, 1847. 8vo. 16pp. Front and back wrappers are unevenly toned. "Ky: Hist: Society" written on front cover. Small tears and creases along right edge. Good.
(8) Speech of Hon. W. P. Thomasson, of Kentucky, on the Mexican War. Delivered in the House of Representatives, February 13, 1847. Washington: Blair and Rives, 1847. 8vo. 8pp. Unevenly toned with light soiling and some tears. Good.
(9) Speech of Mr. Atherton, of New Hampshire, on the Loan Bill. Delivered in the Senate of the United States, March 22, 1848. Washington: Congressional Globe Office, 1848. 8vo. 12pp. Light foxing. Very good.
(10) Speech of Hon. John M. Niles, of Connecticut, on the Loan Bill. Delivered in the Senate of the United States, March 27, 1848. Washington: Congressional Globe Office, 1848. 8vo. 13pp. Light foxing; very good.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Flat Material, Small (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
Thanks a million for getting approval to sell my Civil War Hospital Death Ledger! You made them AND ME , a nice profit. You are the best!View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)