DescriptionTexas Governors: Group of 5 Land Grants Signed by either Governors E. M. Pease, H. R. Runnels, Edward Clark, John Ireland, or L. S. Ross. Each is countersigned by the commissioner of the General Land Office (Josiah Crosby, Francis M. White, M. C. Marsh, or R. M. Hall) with the State of Texas General Land Office blind embossed seal. All have docketing on verso.
(1) "E. M. Pease", one partly printed vellum page, 14.25" x 12", February 28, 1844, "City of Austin", granting "Burrett Perry, assignee of Fielding Bacon . . . Two Hundred and Sixty Two Acres . . . In Grayson County". With folds; very good.
(2) "H. R. Runnels", one partly printed page, 14.75" x 12.50", February 20, 1858, "City of Austin", granting "the heirs of Robert Thompson deceased . . . nine hundred and sixty acres . . . in Grayson County". Toned with folds; very good.
(3) "Edward Clark", one partly printed page, 14.75" x 12.50", April 9, 1861, "City of Austin", granting "the Heirs of James McKinney dec[eased] . . . Thirteen Labors of Land . . . in Grayson County". Toned with folds and some bleed-through from docketing on verso; very good.
(4) "Jn. Ireland", one partly printed page, 17" x 14", February 18, 1885, "City of Austin", granting "N. E. Degraffenreed . . . Eighty acres . . . In Grayson County". Toned with folds; near fine condition.
(5) "L. S. Ross", one partly printed page, 17" x 14", April 26, 1887, "City of Austin", granting "T. D. Twaits Apsee of Alexander Walker . . . Eighty Acres . . . In Grayson County". With folds and toned; near fine.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Flat Material, Small (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
We had a wonderful time in New York during the October 2013 Historical Manuscripts auction that featured my mother’s papers collected during her tenure as Martin Luther King, Jr.’s secretary. In fact, the entire experience from beginning to end has been a pleasure.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)