DescriptionJedediah Huntington Document Signed "J Huntington collector". One page, 7.5" x 6.5", September 10, 1801, "District and Port of New-London", allowing "the Sloop Betsy . . . to proceed to the Port of New York." A toned document, but a bold, clear signature. Very good. Offered with two additional documents signed with seafaring content.
Jedediah Huntington served during the Revolutionary War as an American general in the Continental Army.
(1) Bill of Lading. One page, 9.5" x 5", July 17, 1783, July 17, 1783, for the ship the Olive Branch, carrying "Twenty one Pipes, Nine Hogsheads & Twenty Six Quarter Casks". The Olive Branch was captured by the British ship of war Audacious in 1796. The ship's captain brought suit against the British and won since it was carrying arms to a neutral nation. Fragile.
(2) Citizenship Document. One page, 8" x 12.5", January 22, 1830, certifying that "Joshua Motton is a Citizen of the United States of America." With foxing and some separation at folds; good.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Flat Material, Small (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $9) per lot.
Opens about 01/02/2018
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
Heritage has gone above and beyond my expectations in handling all of my transactions in a thoroughly professional manner. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone worldwide for the exemplary auction and valuation services they provide.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)