DescriptionFour Civil War Era Clipped Signatures and Trimmed Mary Todd Lincoln Calling Card. All clipped signatures mounted to what appears to be cut Confederate blue lined printed forms. Includes: Major General James H. Wilson, Adjutant General Edward D. Townsend, William Nathan Harrell Smith, and General Joseph Holt. Also, a Mary Todd Lincoln trimmed calling card, 1.25" x 3.5", printed "Mrs. A. Lincoln". The paper is toned slightly but it is in otherwise fine condition.
1) Major General James H. Wilson clipped signature "J. H. Wilson", 3.5" x 2.25". General Wilson's cavalrymen were responsible for capturing Confederate President Jefferson Davis at the end of the Civil War. Wilson's signature is large and bold. 2) Adjutant General Edward D. Townsend clipped signature "E. D. Townsend", 2" x 1", very good condition. 3) William Nathan Harrell Smith clipped signature "W. N. H. Smith", 3.5" x 1.5", Smith was a U.S. Representative from North Carolina, and during the Civil War, part of the Confederate Congress. Slightly toned, otherwise very good. 4) General Joseph Holt Clipped Signature "J. Holt", Judge Advocate General for the Army and chief prosecutor of Lincoln's assassins. Bold and in excellent condition. 5) Mary Todd Lincoln trimmed calling card, 1.25" x 3.5", printed "Mrs. A. Lincoln". The paper is toned slightly but it is in otherwise fine condition.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Flat Material, Small (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
You reach a customer base that is in many ways completely unknown to the major auction houses, and your marketing to this base is as professional as one could hope for. As I continue to wind down my holdings.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)