DescriptionGeorge Cruikshank Collection. This lot contains four pieces, all of which have been drawn or written by George Cruikshank. 1. A three page letter, 4.5" x 7", Hildare Terrace, August 23rd, 1855. The letter is signed on the third page as, "G. Cruikshank." The content is routine.
2. Three pages, 7.25" x 9", London, November 20th, 1835. The letter was written to a man named Barker, and contains Cruikshank's choices for illustrations in an unnamed book. He gives his ideas for titles and sketches. Wonderful content.
3. Unsigned Sketch; two pages, 4.5" x 7", np, nd. The sketch is drawn on the verso of a list of names, written in Cruikshank's hand, as well as a small map drawn, also, in his hand. The sketch is of an old woman wearing a veil, as if in mourning. The list of names appears to be soldiers, and in one corner the word "Fallen" has been scribbled. Perhaps, this is a list of soldiers that had fallen in the war.
4. Unsigned Sketch; one page, 4.75" x 4.25, np, nd. The sketch features several people looking out of windows, appearing rather distressed. Cruikshank is most renowned for his illustrations of Charles Dickens' famous works.
The items in this collection are in very good condition on average. The larger letter and the small sketch have been laid down on sturdy backing sheets; the small ALS has several tears on the fold lines; slight areas of foxing. From the Henry E. Luhrs Collection. Accompanied by LOA from PSA/DNA.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Small Flat (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $9) per lot.
Opens about 08/30/2017
Opens about 09/01/2017
Jewelry & Timepieces
Opens about 08/25/2017
Opens about 09/06/2017
Opens about 09/05/2017
Opens about 09/05/2017
Opens about 09/12/2017
Opens about 09/20/2017
Opens about 09/22/2017
Fine & Rare Wine
Opens about 09/25/2017
Opens about 09/26/2017
Opens about 09/29/2017
Opens about 10/02/2017
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
But from the first time Aviva Lehmann contacted me, she made me feel very comfortable about the idea of selling my painting through HeritageView More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)