DescriptionApollo 7 Crew-Signed Launch Cover and Two Rocket-Flown Signed Postcards. An interesting collection of four philatelic items related to the first manned Apollo mission launch, as follows:
(1) A launch cover with a mission insignia pasted-on cachet, bearing a machine pictorial cancellation from Kennedy Space Center on October 11, 1968. Signed by the crew: "Wally Schirra" (1923-2007), "Donn Eisele" (1930-1987), and "Walt Cunningham". There is an autopen signature of Wernher von Braun at upper left.
(2) A launch cover with an Orbit Covers cachet, cancelled at Cape Canaveral on October 11, 1968. Signed "Donn Eisele".
(3) An airmail Apollo 7 launch Rocketpost postcard with stamped notations that it was: "Flown in Rocket 1/ The Walter M. Schirra/ At Pyramid Lake, Nevada/ To Honor The First Manned Apollo Flight". Cancelled at Nixon, Nevada, on October 11, 1968. Signed: "W M Schirra Jr".
(4) Same as the previous item except that it was: "Flown in Rocket 2/ The Donn F. Eisele...". Signed: "Donn Eisele".
All are in excellent condition.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Flat Material, Small (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
The resulting auction of my property overwhelmed me. I want to thank Tom Slater and the Heritage team for a very satisfactory experience and profitable result with my historical consignment.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)