Skip to main content
Go to accessibility notice


    Federal Period Army & Navy Gilt Wall Plaques. Attractive pair of gilded bronze, or possibly cast iron, wall plaques, each measuring 5" x 9.25". An eagle appears in the center, clutching arrows and an olive branch in its talons. A riband reads "E Pluribus Unum". Ten stars appear overhead while an additional five stars appear on the field commanders' tent at the top, making for a total of fifteen stars, circa 1792-1796. Other design elements include arrows, a sword, feathers/plumes, an anchor and chain. Both have brackets or sleeves on the verso for wall mounting. One example retains perhaps 30% of the gilding while the other retains around 70%. These are rare and early.

    Auction Info

    Auction Dates
    December, 2018
    9th Sunday
    Bids + Registered Phone Bidders: 4
    Lot Tracking Activity: N/A
    Page Views: 1,475

    Buyer's Premium per Lot:
    25% on the first $250,000 (minimum $49), plus 20% of any amount between $250,000 and $2,500,000, plus 12% of any amount over $2,500,000 per lot.

    Sold for: Sign-in or Join (free & quick)

    Heritage membership

    Join Now - It's Free

    1. Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
    2. Bid online
    3. Free Collector newsletter
    4. Want List with instant e-mail notifications
    5. Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
    Consign now
    • Cash Advances
    • More Bidders
    • Trusted Experts
    • Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
    Consign to the 2020 October 21 Manuscripts Signature Auction - Dallas.

    Learn about consigning with us

    I don’t often do testimonials but in this case I felt truly obligated to thank Heritage Auctions for the extremely professional job your organization did for me.
    Charlie K.,
    Pittsburgh, PA
    View More Testimonials receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source:

    Video tutorial

    Getting the most out of search