At Heritage Auctions, the privacy of our clients and other website visitors is of the utmost importance. Heritage Auctions strives to gain and maintain the trust of our consignors, sellers, bidders, and buyers by continually protecting identities and holding information in confidence. All information you provide us when using Heritage Auctions websites is held in confidence, except as herein noted.
- Who is responsible for your data?
- What personal information do we collect, when, and why?
- How does Heritage Auctions use your information?
- With whom does Heritage Auctions share your information?
- What are cookies, and how are they used?
- How do we ensure the protection of your personal information?
- How long will your personal data be retained?
- Reviewing and changing your information
- Do Not Track notice and disclosure
- Additional information for European Union residents
- Questions, Concerns, and Complaints
Who is responsible for your data?The controller is Heritage Auctions, in the U.S. of 3500 Maple Avenue, 17th Floor, Dallas, TX, 75219, United States.
If you access HA.com from the European Union, then the representative is Heritage Auctions UK Limited of 6 Shepherd Street, London, Mayfair W1J 7JE.
What personal information do we collect, when, and why?We collect any and/or all of the following, and store the data at our operations centers, including but not limited to those in the United States. Consult the glossary found later in this policy to learn more about terms used in this section.
|Examples of Personal Information we collect and when we collect it
(This list is not exhaustive)
|Purpose||Legal Basis for Processing|
|• Our registration process collects your Name, Email Address, billing and/or shipping addresses, Telephone number(s), and payment details like Credit Card Number, eCheck, or other payment/validation method.||To provide you with requested services to participate in auctions conducted by Heritage Auctions.||Performance of a contract|
|• Our surveys and contests collect your name, email address, address, telephone number, and information about your collecting and selling habits and interests.||To provide you with details about upcoming auctions, events and other Heritage Auctions services that might interest you.||Legitimate Interests|
|• We automatically record your IP address, session duration, transaction data, the order and addresses of the pages you visit, and in most cases the data that you enter on those pages.||To improve the navigation, functionality, and general service that our website provides.||Legitimate Interests|
|• The data obtained from cookies, web logs, and other similar technologies that monitor the use of our website.||
• To monitor the performance of our website and make your user experience better.
• To deliver more appropriate advertisements on our website and other websites.
|• Our credit application collects your Name, Home Address, Home Phone, Employment Information, and References||To know our clients and prevent fraud.||Legitimate Interests|
• Your complaints, opinions, responses to our surveys or market research.
• Your phone recording when you call Heritage Auctions’ Client Services or use our telephone bidding services.
|To monitor your use of our services, train our staff and improve your client or user experience.||Legitimate Interests|
|CCTV captures your images when you visit or conduct business at our premises or attend our auction events at various locations.||To keep you, our staff, property we sell, property on our premises, and auction event premises secure.||
• Legitimate Interests
• Public Interest
|Our automated and manual processes aggregate personally identifiable information related to your information you provided to us directly and through third-party vendors (such as name and address, wealth and creditworthiness), together with web activity history, transactional history, survey data, and other data sources.||To improve our service, provide personalized experiences (through our sales staff, client services staff, accounting, shipping, as well as print and digital channels), focus our marketing efforts, manage our fraud risks, establish credit limits, and other similar goals to further our business.||Legitimate Interests|
How does Heritage Auctions use your information?Heritage Auctions researches our clients' usage patterns and demographics based on the information provided to us during their experiences on our website. We do this to better understand our clients' needs and enhance our service. This information is compiled and analyzed for internal use.
Registration qualifies a user as a Heritage Auctions client, and, regardless of any regulation to the contrary, the user agrees, until this consent is revoked in writing, that Heritage Auctions may from time to time contact the user concerning sale and purchase opportunities available through Heritage Auctions.
How do we ensure the protection of your personal information?Heritage Auctions maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the security and integrity of all Personal Information provided to us. Heritage Auctions limits access to personal information about you to those employees who we reasonably believe need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you in order to do their jobs.
In the interest of privacy and security, we automatically expire your session when a specific period goes by without activity. Heritage Auctions takes reasonable precautions - including administrative, technical, and physical measures - to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
How long will your personal data be retained?We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in the “What personal information do we collect, when, and why?” section and to satisfy any legal, accounting, regulatory, or reporting requirements.
Reviewing and changing your informationHeritage Auctions has safeguards in place to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up-to-date for the purposes for which it is used. Naturally, you always have the right to access and correct the personal information you have provided. You can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up-to-date by going to your My Profile page.
For any personally identifiable information that cannot be updated via your My Profile page, please make a request to have it changed, if needed, using the contact information listed later in this policy.
Do Not Track notice and disclosureHeritage Auctions does not currently respond to Web browser “do not track” signals and similar signals as providers of these signals do not currently operate according to common, industry-accepted standards. However, as stated earlier in this policy, your browser provides tools to allow you to change your privacy and security settings. For instructions, consult your browser’s Help menu.
Heritage Auctions does not knowingly allow other parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when a consumer uses our websites and services.
For more information on Do Not Track, visit allaboutdnt.com.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR EUROPEAN UNION RESIDENTS WHO USE HERITAGE AUCTIONS SITES AND APPS
Subject Access RequestsIf you are a resident of the European Union, you have the right to make a “subject access request” You can request that Heritage Auctions provide a copy of the information we hold about you, correct it, erase it, object or restrict the processing of it, and transfer it to another organization. You also have the right to object to direct marketing.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights with respect to your personal data, please make your request by email to Privacy@HA.com.
Heritage Auctions will always verify the identity of anyone making a subject access request before handing over any information. In the event Heritage Auctions refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Transfer of Information to the United StatesHeritage Auctions is based in the United States and, under normal business operations, your data will reside on servers located in the United States.
Questions, Concerns, and ComplaintsIf you have any questions, concerns, or complaints relating to the processing of your personal data, please contact us at Privacy@HA.com or 866-835-3243 or by writing us at the following address:
3500 Maple Avenue, 17th Floor
Dallas, TX 75219-3941
You may raise a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you believe Heritage Auctions infringed applicable data privacy laws when processing your personal data. This right is without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy you might have.
- Data Controller: The person or entity who determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
- Legitimate Interests: Processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests in carrying on, managing, and administering our respective businesses effectively and properly (except where our or the third party’s interests are overridden by your own interests, rights, and freedoms).
- Performance of a contract: A lawful basis where processing of data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps at your request to entering into a contract.
- Personal Data: Any data relating to an identified or identifiable individual; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly. This can include names, email addresses, home address, credit applications, user account information, and correspondence to and from an individual.
- Processing: Any operation performed on personal data, such as collection, recording, storage and retrieval, use, combining it with other data, transmission, disclosure, or deletion.
- Public Interest: Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Floor auctionsOpen for bidding: (View All)
Ends on 06/18/2018
Comics & Comic Art
Ends on 06/18/2018
Ends on 06/18/2018
Ends on 06/19/2018
Fine & Rare Wine
Ends on 06/22/2018
Jewelry & Timepieces
Ends on 06/25/2018
Ends on 06/26/2018
Ends on 06/27/2018
World & Ancient Coins
Ends on 06/28/2018
Ends on 06/29/2018
Luxury Real Estate
Opens about 04/27/2018
Opens about 06/14/2018
Opens about 06/22/2018
Opens about 06/27/2018
Opens about 07/02/2018
Luxury Real Estate
Opens about 05/25/2018
Opens about 07/05/2018
Opens about 07/06/2018
Comics & Comic Art
Opens about 07/13/2018
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
Heritage has gone above and beyond my expectations in handling all of my transactions in a thoroughly professional manner. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone worldwide for the exemplary auction and valuation services they provide.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)